Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Senior Principal Consultant, November 2009 â€“ Present
ERT, is a global data and technology company that minimizes uncertainty and risk in clinical trials so thatÂ its customers can move ahead with confidence. With nearly 50 years of clinical and therapeutic experience,it balances knowledge of what works with a vision for whas next, so they can adapt without compromising standards.
Doug was the Senior Oracle Projects Lead team member for NTT DATA on this Oracle EBS upgrade to Release 12.2.6. The project scope
included the strategic expansion/retooling of the Accounting FlexField and implementation of an Enterprise Project Management solution to support a global rollout for the Electronic Clinical Outcome Assessment (eCOA), Trial Oversight, Respiratory & Cardiac Safety ERT organizations as a result of acquisitions. The project-centric solution incorporated the core Oracle Projects Foundation, Costing and Billing modules with integration to the Salesforce and Smartsheet applications. Additionally, the ERT proprietary revenue recognition/forecasting, unearned revenue and unbilled receivables tracking & matching principle business processes were streamlined utilizing the Oracle Projects client extensions.
Wabtec Corporation, is a global supplier of products, services and systems for the rail industry. The company manufactures a broad range of components for locomotives and freight cars, including state-of-the-art electronic train-control systems. It also provides products and services to virtually every major intercity passenger transit system in North America that deliver safety, efficiency and passenger comfort.
In addition to organic growth, strategic acquisitions, joint ventures and alliances have and continue to represent about half of Wabtec
growth over the long term. As a result, the Corporate IT team has a constant demand to migrate these divisions to the Wabtec Oracle EBS Release 12 global solution footprint which includes the manufacturing, financial and project management disciplines.
Doug was engaged to augment the Wabtec internal Oracle migration team to provide expertise with implementing Oracle Projects for the project-based organizations and advise the in-house Project Accounting Council. The companies included the Brush Traction Limited, Wabtec Rail Limited and Wabtec Rail Scotland operations located in Loughborough, Doncaster and Kilmarnock, United Kingdom respectively. In addition to the core Oracle Projects functionality leveraged, the revenue-based cost accrual extension and internal billing features were implemented to streamline the business processes.
-Â A functional review and assessment of the Wabtec Xorail Railway Engineering & Construction (E&C) division was conducted to implement an Oracle project-centric solution for this professional services group. The deliverables included identifying functional gaps, documenting areas of improvement, outlining recommendations and best practices. The recommended high-level solution design included the Oracle Projects Foundation, Costing, Billing, Project Planning & Control (formerly Project Management), Time and Labor modules as well as Oracle Projects client extensions.
Telephonics Corporation, a worldwide leader in Integrated Information and Communication Systems technology. It serves Aerospace, Defense, and Commercial markets throughout the globe. Whether it is in the air, on the sea, or on the ground, its electronic systems are on board to ensure the safety and security of thousands of military personnel and civilians worldwide.
- The Telephonics Oracle Enterprise Resource Planning implementation also known as Project Oasis replaced many of the separate legacy applications including: Deltek, Costpoint, Pentagon, Pilgrim, as well as numerous others. The entire scope of the Oracle EBS Release 12 solution covered the Acquire-to-Retire (A2R), Â Contract-to-Cash (C2C), Demand-to-Build (D2B), Design-to-Release (D2R), Accounting-to-Financial Reports (FIN), People-to-Paycheck (P2C), Procure-to-Pay (P2P), and Problem-to-Resolution (P2R) process tracks.
Doug was commissioned to perform an independent functional review and assessment of the Oracle Projects Billing solution to validate that the design met and complied with the revenue recognition and invoicing FAR government requirements. The deliverables included identifying functional gaps, documenting areas of improvement and outlining recommendations and best practices.
ADT Security Systems, has one of the most trusted and well-known brands in the security industry today that serves more than six million residential and small business customers. It delivers a broad and pioneering set of products and servicesâ€”from interactive home and business solutions to home health servicesâ€”meet a range of customer needs for today's active and increasingly mobile lifestyles.
- The ADT Oracle Project Accounting (OPA) implementation was completed in two phases consisting of the Phase I Field Launch deployed in December 2011 and Phase II Finance Launch in April 2013. The scope of OPA was to replace the legacy Construction Work-in-Process (CWP) cost repository system with Oracle Project Costing to seamlessly integrate with the existing Oracle Financial modules. The Finance Launch phase involved the configuration of key AutoAccounting (AA) functions developing complex SQL-based AA rules to interface project costs to Oracle General Ledger. It also included two major customizations to manage the â€œCost Clearanceâ€ of WIP costs when security system installations are completed and creation of assets for ADT Owned installations when placed in service for interface to Oracle Fixed Assets.
- Doug served as the Lead Senior Business Analyst for both the OPA Field & Finance Launches, including requirements gathering, preparation of MD50â€™s, facilitate design sessions, assist with coordination of testing resources and deployment. The custom programs were developed using the agile SCRUM methodology.
DRS Technologies, is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, the company develops, manufactures and supports a broad range of mission-critical systems and sustainment solutions to support homeland security and the militaryâ€™s current and future force.
- The goal of the DRS SSI Oracle upgrade project was to upgrade the Oracle EBS environment for SSI from Oracle EBS version 11.5.9 to version 12.1.3. The scope also included implementing new R12 enhancements to improve business processes and replace CEMLIâ€™s where possible.
- Doug was responsible for the upgrade of the Oracle Project Costing, Billing and Contracts modules including the testing and retrofitting of 25 existing CEMLIâ€™s to be R12 compliant & OP3 Third Party Interface with Primavera.
Morpho Detection, Inc., delivers products and solutions targeted at governments, national agencies and administrations dedicated to law enforcement and border control, as well as private companies in need of secure physical or logical access control.
- The scope of this highly visible 2-pronged project was comprised of delivering a project-centric Oracle E-business implementation that met U.S. Government Cost Accounting Standards (CAS). The CAS compliance was achieved with a project-based solution that managed commitments and costs consequently ensuring accurate billing to governmental agencies. The Oracle Purchasing, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, General Ledger, Fixed Assets and Projects applications were leveraged in this deployment.
- Doug contributed to this project as the subject matter expert in the project cost accounting, revenue recognition and billing areas.
NetApp, creates innovative productsâ€”storage systems and software that help customers around the world store, manage, protect, and retain one of their most precious corporate assets: their data.
- This essential initiative was a compliance project to meet SOX requirement gaps. The total scope consisted of 4 major tracks including Accruals and Deferrals (A&D), Level of Effort (LOE) tracking, Time Card Integrity (TCI) control and PULSE (EMEA-based Project Management, Collaboration & Resourcing application tool) bi-directional integration with Oracle Projects.
- Doug was the PULSE track lead with responsibility for the overall design, development and deployment of this key project component for the EMEA operations.
MasTec Network Services, is a leading specialty contractor for communications companies, utilities and governments throughout the United States .
- This project was the implementation of a solution to automate the sales order and invoicing integration between the MasTec NSORO division and its customers using EDI technology. The scope also consisted of streamlining the professional installation services billing process to AT&T of sales order lines on an â€œat completionâ€ basis.
- Doug acted as the solution architect and functional consultant during this engagement.